Saturday, September 2, 2017

waimea

Every Friday for the last 5 years, Todd and I have gone to whatever beach was available and we've done our sprints.  If there's surf, we go to Ehukai or Rock Piles so Todd can hop in the water afterwards.  But, when there's no surf, and especially now that we have a Gogo, we've been spending our Friday evening at Waimea Bay.

We park the car, kiss goodbye, and I head down to my start line to get my sprints out of the way while the boys say hi to all the chickens and roosters in the parking lot.  Usually when I'm on number 7 or 8 they stroll down the beach just in time to cheer me on when I need it most.  Then, I take Gordy and we play in the sand near Todd's start line while he trashes himself for 16 minutes.  
Once all the sprinting is over, we celebrate by going for a swim in the bay.  
And, even though sprints are horrible and I dread them all day long, I can't imagine a better way to spend a Friday... life is as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!
We appologize for the comment process. We are working on making this easier. But, in the meantime, if you want to comment and only leave your name, select "Name/URL" and type your name in the space provided. Hopefully we can simplify these options soon.