Thursday, July 1, 2021

little harvester

I am so lucky to have a kid who likes gardening as much as I do.  We'll be hanging out and he'll say, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?... GARDENING!!"

We got some seeds recently, so he helped me plant beans, tomatoes, peas, squash, corn, peppers, radishes, carrots, and watermelon.  Gordy helped me plant all the seeds, keep them watered, and then he helped me transplant them once they grew big enough.  Some of our plants grew quite quickly, so we have green beans and radishes that we can pick a few times a week!  Gordy absolutely loves to harvest the vegetables and when we cook and eat them, he seems so proud of himself.  

He also loves pulling weeds, trimming the plants, mowing the lawn, feeding our composting worms, and spreading compost and fertilizer on the garden.  I'm a lucky mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!
We appologize for the comment process. We are working on making this easier. But, in the meantime, if you want to comment and only leave your name, select "Name/URL" and type your name in the space provided. Hopefully we can simplify these options soon.