Tuesday, October 18, 2016

1st class 1st trip

Last week, we took our first trip off of the rock... to another rock... the Big Island.  We booked two days working our favorite job (The Four Seasons) and my wonderful mom was available to watch Gordy while we worked, so we packed up the family and made the trip.  
As expected, the Four Seasons did not disappoint!  Our room was equipped with a diaper genie, a crib, and a basket with all kinds of baby goodies which included a bib with Gordy's name embroidered on it.  It should be mentioned that there was a miscommunication somewhere at the hotel because the bib actually read "Gordo", but it was the thought that counted :)  The bathtub also had a cute note welcoming "Gordo" to the hotel.
Turns out, the hotel was spot on.  "Gordo" is a much more appropriate name for him.  In preparation for the trip, I spent weeks saving up 5 bags of 3oz of milk so that my mom would have plenty of food for Gordy during the time that we were working.  Boy was I a rookie...  Gordy polished off 4 of the 5 bags before dinnertime the first day.  So, I spent that night hand-pumping (I didn't pack the electric pump) my milk into a plastic water bottle so that he would have enough milk to tide him over the next day.  Thankfully, as Todd so eloquently puts it, I'm "a cow", so the manual pumping only took about an hour to store up another 8oz.

In the end, the trip went really well.  Todd and I were able to work our favorite job, and Gordy and my mom seemed to have a great time together.  Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!
We appologize for the comment process. We are working on making this easier. But, in the meantime, if you want to comment and only leave your name, select "Name/URL" and type your name in the space provided. Hopefully we can simplify these options soon.