Monday, December 18, 2017

a moment I'll never forget

Gordy has been waking up way too much during the night lately.  Each time he wakes up, all he wants to do is nurse.  So, Todd and I have been trying to ween him.  Todd gets up with him the first wake up and turns on his mobile, gets him to calm and lay down and then rubs his back for a little while.  Then, I get up with him the second time (around 1am) and let him nurse.  More often than not, I fall asleep with him in his bed, so when he wakes up again, I'm right there.  He asks for milk, I say no and tell him he has to wait until morning, he gets mad and throws a mini tanti and then I threaten to put him in his crib, so he calms down pretty quickly.  That's when it happened - the moment.  We were laying side by side facing each other (noses a few inches apart) when he pushed his face forward towards mine.  I reached my face towards him and he rubbed his nose on my cheek.  Then I rubbed my nose all over his cheek and face and he closed his eyes and smiled.  We maybe did this for 5 minutes before he was over it, and those 5 minutes were some of the best of my life.  Being Gordy's mom is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!
We appologize for the comment process. We are working on making this easier. But, in the meantime, if you want to comment and only leave your name, select "Name/URL" and type your name in the space provided. Hopefully we can simplify these options soon.