Friday, September 23, 2022

update #3

Sadly, Gordy's temperature did not improve over the weekend.  Each day he woke up with a temp of about 99.3 which slowly escalated to 101.5 throughout the day.  So, I messaged his doctor Sunday night with an update.  

On Monday, my head started hurting, my body started getting uncomfortable, and after lunch, I knew I had to lay down.  I ended up not moving from the couch (except for toilet breaks) for the next 6 hours while my symptoms worsened.

By the time Gordy's doctor called on Monday evening, I could barely push my headache aside to listen to him on the phone.  What I did get out of his call was that he thought that the antibiotic that Gordy was on was not enough and he wanted to switch it to a different one (Augmentin) that included two antibiotics.  I didn't have much fight in me, so I agreed and he called it in to the pharmacy for pickup the next day.

I spent the rest of the evening crying through stomaching a piece of plain toast and water and then promptly put myself to bed with some nighttime medicine.  Gordy was unchanged.  The next day, I woke up with an eye infection and the same symptoms as the night before, so I called the doctor.  The doctor decided that I had a bacterial infection similar to Gordy, so she called me in a prescription for Augmentin.

Todd (who seems unscathed by these viral and bacterial infections) picked up our medicines Tuesday evening and we started in on our first doses.  By Wednesday morning, we were both improved.  Gordy's fever never went above 99.5, his headaches had disappeared, and his tummy felt fine.  My eye infection improved, my headaches went away, and my body aches lessened.

So, Gordy was cleared to go to school today and I worked a full day.  Gordy's fever hasn't returned yet (as far as we know) and we both keep slowly improving.  I seem to be a few days behind him on this thing, but the meds are working and we see the light at the end of this nasty tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!
We appologize for the comment process. We are working on making this easier. But, in the meantime, if you want to comment and only leave your name, select "Name/URL" and type your name in the space provided. Hopefully we can simplify these options soon.